We’ve got a special “double episode” of the No Annual Fee version of the Milenomics² Podcast this week.
In this episode we do a deep dive into our personal card strategies with Amex. For this exercise:
- Amex is limiting us to a total of 5 active *credit* cards (personal and business, charge cards don’t count)
- We already have/have had a lot of the best Amex cards (so we’re going deeper into the Amex portfolio than someone newer to the game otherwise would)
- We want to make use of Amex’s generous referral program
Amex 5 Card Strategy Template
Here’s a template we used if you want to play along for you own situation:
Current Charge Cards
Current Credit Cards
Credit Cards Considering
Charge Cards Considering
Cards I’m keeping an eye out for
• #3 A
• #2 B
• #1 C
- #3 Blue Business Plus Credit Card
- #2 Business Platinum Charge Card
- #1 Plum Business Charge Card
- #3 Personal Green Charge Card
- #2 Morgan Stanley Platinum Charge Card
- #1 Simply Cash Plus Business Credit Card
You can visit our referral page for links to these cards, but read this first before using someone else’s referral links.
You’re probably better off with spousal referral, or trading referral links with a friend.
Subscribe to the Paid version of the Milenomics² Podcast
Like what you heard in the No Annual Fee version?
On this week’s Paid version of the podcast we explore:
- The death of a Walmart
- Lucrative targeted bank bonuses
- Amex clawback fears
- And more…
Subscribe to the paid version of the podcast:
Subscribe to the No Annual Fee Edition
Subscribe below to the Free, No Annual Fee Milenomics² podcast on Apple Podcasts:
Or on Google Play Music:
– Written by Sam Simon. All ideas are my own, but I encourage you to see my point of view and I promise I’ll try to do the same. Connect with me on Twitter @Milenomics.