Today we do a quick rundown of the news. Including the following:
0:33 Simon Mall Purchases No Longer Earning Rewards on Amex Cards? (link)
- Stopped earning for Sign up Bonus sometime last year.
- Not completely unexpected, but hopefully this does not spread
- Could be in reaction to the bump up to $25,000 in daily purchase limits
1:29 United Shopping Portal Promo
- Spend $300 online earn 1,000
- Spend $150 in-store earn 500
- Through 5/19
2:05 [Targeted] Chase Sapphire Preferred 5x Bill Pay
- 5x on Utilities, Insurance, Phone Service, Cable
- Up to $2,000 in payments
- Check email for “<first_name>, don’t miss out on 5X bonus points”
3:40 Amex Hilton Offers w/o Lifetime Language
- 75,000 No Annual Fee card link Direct Link source
- 125,000 Ascend link Direct Link source
- Great deals if you’ve had these cards before
- Also probably possible to get the card through referral for 100,000/150,000 and then get it again shortly thereafter through this offer
- Though it’s possible Amex might claw these back as they’re likely targeted and leaked into the wild
- Keep in mind that Amex generally limits to 5 active credit cards per person which includes personal and business, but not charge cards and not cards you’re an authorized user on
Like what you heard in the No Annual Fee version?
Subscribe to the paid version of the podcast here:
On this week’s subscriber podcast:
We talk about 3x UR from home, Apply for new credit cards live on the show and dig deep into Demand Schedules.
Subscribe to the No Annual Fee Edition
Subscribe below to the Free, No Annual Fee Milenomics² podcast on Apple Podcasts:
Or on Google Play Music:
– Written by Sam Simon. All ideas are my own, but I encourage you to see my point of view and I promise I’ll try to do the same. Connect with me on Twitter @Milenomics.