A Hot news week has us sitting down to discuss the following:
0:29 Chase Sapphire Preferred 100,000
- Direct Link
- Subject to 5/24
- $95 AF (not waived first year)
- Try generating a referral if you/your spouse have one (chase.com/referafriend)
- “Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.*
- That’s $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
- 100,000 bonus points is the best offer that Sapphire Preferred has ever had.”
5:54 Rumor: 1.25 cpp Amex Schwab Cashout Going Away (TheFinanceHobbyist on Reddit)
- Cashout option still mentioned on application but not on landing page
- Who knows, but…
- How big of a hit would this be?
- How would it affect your perception of the Amex MR value proposition?
- If you knew for certain it was going away tomorrow would you clean house today?
- Does the rumor cause you to cash out some MRs?
10:59 Chase Sapphire Lounges Coming (TPG)
- First location: Boston?
- Location: Terminal B to C Connector
- Anticipated opening: Q1 2022
- Out-maneuvered Amex Centurion and CapOne for the space
15:40 Amex 25% Transfer Bonus to Hawaiian
- In the spirit of always considering a deal…
- 130,000 Boston to Honolulu becomes 108,000 MRs pp one-way in lie-flat
- Flight is very expensive: They’re asking $7,000 pp roundtrip
- Expires 6/30/2021
- Last call for 40% bonus to Marriott, ends 6/15/2021
18:32 Stop & Shop/Giant: 3x VGCs
- Friday 6/4 – Thursday 6/10/2021
If you enjoyed this show consider joining our Patreon where you’ll find hundreds of hours of unique, in-depth content and a thriving slack community. Enjoy!