We’re back with a Jam Packed show this week. New Ebates/MR partnership, Negative changes from AA/Amex, and A new reader question.
0:40 Ebates Membership Rewards partnership (link)
- Can existing customers convert to MRs? No.
- Can you spin up a new account? It’s against T&Cs to have 2 accounts, but you can try.
- Can you refer for the MR-earning account? I don’t think so?
- I signed up spouse who has never had an Ebates account (H/T JJ)
- Ebates can now earn 1 MR instead of 1 cent?
- Does Ebates pay out of MCGCs from giftcards.com?
- What about the 3x Ebates card? Does it earn 3x at giftcards.com?
- Do you have to use an Amex card? T&Cs say so (link)
04:00 Amex Bonvoy Brilliant 100,000 Available for Referral (link)
- Referral with Business Gold 20k MR + 100k Marriott
- $450 annual fee– $300 Marriott credit
05:13 Wells Fargo Business Platinum 50,000 Offer (worth $750) (link)
08:58 AA GCs not triggering Amex air incidental credits (FlyerTalk link)
09:50 Amex Ameriprise Platinum no longer first-year fee waived (60,000 bonus instead) (link)
- Bad News: If you’ve been churning this card
- Good News: if you’ve never had the card (Another 60k Platinum card)
12:05 Hyatt Hotel Category Changes (link)
- Seasonally miscategorized Hyatts
- Andaz Papagayo: 15,000 -> 20,000
- Hyatt Coconut Point: 15,000 -> 20,000
- Park Hyatt Milan: Unchanged at 30,000
- Park Hyatt Maldives: 25,000 -> 30,000
- Park Hyatt New York: Unchanged at 30,000
- Park Hyatt St Kitts: Unchanged at 30,000
- Of interest
- Park Hyatt Mallorca: 20,000 -> 25,000 (was already the worst winter value)
- Andaz Maui: 25,000 -> 30,000 (wasn’t a good per-point value to begin with, especially for a property that plays games with award availability)
14:50 Listener Question:
I’m curious…is it ever a good idea to buy points for a flight? I see Southwest has 30% off points right now…just wondering if it is a good deal or is it better to just pay cash if you don’t have points or only have very little points?
Subscribe to the Paid version of the Milenomics² Podcast
Like what you heard in the No Annual Fee version?
Subscribe to the paid version of the podcast:
Subscribe to the No Annual Fee Edition
Subscribe below to the Free, No Annual Fee Milenomics² podcast on Apple Podcasts:
Or on Google Play Music:
– Written by Sam Simon. All ideas are my own, but I encourage you to see my point of view and I promise I’ll try to do the same. Connect with me on Twitter @Milenomics.