Robert chats with Robin Hutson from Luxe Recess about luxury family travel trends, blending points & miles with a trip booked through a full-service travel agency, and where families are going in Florida in addition to Disney.
0:30 Travel Planning Picking Up
1:15 Luxe Recess
- Origin story
- What Luxe Recess is/isn’t
- Robert’s articles on Luxe Recess
- What are the defining characteristics of “Luxe” to you?
- And how does that play out in travel as we [hopefully] emerge from Covid?
- See: 12 Luxury Berkshire Vacation Rentals To Escape It All
16:50 Points & Miles
- I know you’re familiar with the points & miles/credit cards game. What’s the view from “outside” the space on this game we play? I’d be interested in any insights you have personally and/or working with clients.
- What’s in your wallet?
- Blending points & miles usage with a trip planned through a full-service travel agency
- Flat-fee destination planning
24:40 Disney and Florida
- I’m assuming Disney is the No 1 destination for your readers?
- Not anymore. Florida in general.
- What are the next most popular destinations/activities?
- See: The Best Luxury Florida Resorts For Families
- See: The Best All Inclusive Family Resorts in the USA
- Favorite Disney World resort hotel?
- See: The Cabins at Copper Creek, Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Favorite Disney World restaurants?
- Wine Bar George at Disney Springs
- Other Disney parks/cruises/activities you’ve enjoyed or are interested in exploring?
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World
- See: Luxury Disney World on Luxe Recess
38:30 Discuss: The points & miles crowd seems to be a lot more men than women. But it’s the opposite in the family travel space. I wonder why that is when the goals are similarly aligned. What are your thoughts on that?
Where can listeners find Luxe Recess?
- Luxury Family Travel Facebook Group
- LuxeRecess on Twitter
- LuxeRecess on Instagram
- Flusterclux: For Parents Who Worry Podcast
Our thanks to Robin for coming on the show.
Looking for more points & miles discussion? Visit us at patreon.com/milenomics to subscribe to the entire Milenomics Podcast Network with hours of new content each week.