0:23 Earn Singapore Status Through Bank Point Transfer (link)
- Get 1 elite qualifying mile for every 5 bank points transferred
- Transfer 250,000 bank points between April 7, 2021 and February 28, 2022
- Get Star Alliance Gold for 12 months
- Gets you UA lounge access when travelling domestically and other Star Alliance Gold benefits
- Singapore miles expire 3 years after they’re earned even with activity
- I do like the potential of status through spend, hope to see other airlines/hotels follow this
06:42 Jetblue Announces BOS-LHR and JFK-LHR Service (Link)
- Sounds good but hard to get excited about at the moment (can’t travel there, launch date unclear)
- Longer term how useful is this development?
13:52 IHG Devaluation (Loyalty Lobby)
- Evidently they’re going to a scheme where the number of points required is more tied to the cash price
- What does it mean to you when [arguably] the 4th most important loyalty hotel chain does something with their award chart?
17:47 Alaska Officially Joins OneWorld (Link)