Welcome to the latest episode of the Milenomics² No Annual Fee Podcast.
Today’s Topics Include:
- 0:45 Amex Biz Gold Revamp
- $295 annual fee, not waived the first year
- 4x in airfare, “select media”, “select technology providers”, gas, dining, shipping (link with more detail)
- Signup bonus is currently G Suite Basic and ZipRecruiter
- What signup bonus will it require for you to get this card?
- 2:05 Amex 1:1 Avianca
- US-Europe on Star Alliance 63k/87k
- This should help add options w/o fuel surcharges.
- Long Haul Coach rates are reasonable and could be a hedge against high ticket prices
- Intra-US ‘short haul’ 7500 points. CA to WA, TX to FL, Bos to DC. Very nice
- No Close in Ticketing fee (BYOE for United flights).
- 5:10 Citi Prestige eliminates concierge bookings in Sept ‘19 (link)
- This means you can’t realize status benefits/earn points at loyalty hotels
- But 4th night free stacking with Premier/Prestige is still possible (example)
- Though, you’re beholden to the sometimes bad prices in the TYP portal
- 7:20 Staples fee-free $200 VGCs in-store 11/11-11/17 (link)
- Technically limited to 1 per person, but not limited by register
- 7:55 Stop & Shop $20 voucher towards groceries when buying $100 3rd Party GCs (link)
- 8:30 Listener Question: My friends frequently use co-branded cards like Marriott, United, and AA for all their spend, including restaurants. Help me convince them that they would be significantly better off with a different credit card strategy?
In this week’s Premium (subscription required) version of the podcast we discuss: An attempt to Cash Out Chase Ultimate Rewards at 1.5¢ per point, and how to Reinstate Expired United (or AA) miles for “Free.”
Subscribe below to the Free, No Annual Fee Milenomics² podcast on Apple Podcasts:
Or on Google Play Music: