0:30 JetBlue New York – London Now Bookable
- Direct Link
- Website was down when they released these (classic JetBlue)
- Starts August 12, 2021
- Economy “from” $595 roundtrip
- Mint “from” $1,979 roundtrip
4:55 New Airlines: Avelo and Breeze
- Avelo is a new West coast airline that has set up from BUR (Link for more details )
- Routes are somewhat unique, to about a dozen western destinations. In most cases using much more off the beaten path airports than mainline carriers. Ogden Utah, Pasco WA, Grand Junction, CO.
- Flights seem very aggressively priced. One example to Santa Rosa is interesting me. $60 round trip versus $244 on the only other carrier who flies it nonstop from the LA area.
- BUR is far for me (50 minutes with no traffic) and I don’t like that. But I’d do the drive if one of these destinations really was on my demand schedule (versus a stop at an airport for example)
- Breeze seems to be moving closer to launching–livery was posted and they’re setting up their network.
- Route network now posted on their site
- That makes quite a few ‘regional’ players by my count:
- While these are not ideal for many reasons–they’re here and they exist. Reminds me of a really short hop flight I took on Spanish LCC Vueling in Italy–it was like $20 per person, we paid for a couple of bags, and it was the only point-to-point option. It was fine.
12:40 Amex Offer: +1x at Lowe’s (HT Garth on Slack)
- Stack with a card that has +4x Spring 4ward promo for a total of 6x at Lowe’s
- 6x MRs + 3x JetBlue card linked
14:00 $750 Chase Business Checking (DoC)
- Deposit $10,000 in new money within 30 days of coupon enrollment & maintain that balance for 60 days
- + 25 transactions
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- “You can receive only one new business checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account.”
16:45 US Bank Altitude Connect Visa (DoC)
- 50,000 points (worth $500) after spending $3,000 in first 120 days
- $95 Annual Fee waived first year
- 4x on Travel and Gas Stations
- 2x on Dining, Takeout, Groceries, and Streaming Services
- 1x everywhere else
That’s the news for this week. For more content subscribe to the Milenomics Podcast Network where we’ve been discussing:
- The highs and lows of Amex
- Booking travel coming out of Covid
- And more…