On today’s No Annual Fee show we discuss:
0:30 Q3 2021 5x Categories
- Chase Freedom
- Grocery Stores
- Select Streaming Services
- Citi Dividend
- Gas Stations
- Home Improvement
3:50 New Citi Custom Cash Card (HT DoC)
- Direct Link
- 20,000 TYP for spending $750 in first 3 months
- No AF
- 5x TYP on up to $500 spend each month in biggest category, 1x after that
- Don’t have to activate (that’s nice)
- Low cap, but that’s the same as Freedom/Discover/Dividend 5x cards
- Would be a great card to product change a bunch of cards into but: “Our policy is to offer only one Citi Custom Cash℠ Card account per customer.”
- Worth getting one?
- Citi IT being what it is, will they actually allow multiple cards per customer?
9:30 Staples Fee-Free $200 VGCs
- Sunday 6/13 – Saturday 6/19/2021
10:10 BofA Alaska 67,000 Mile Offer (DoC)
- Direct Link
- 42,000 after $2,000 in first 3 months
- Additional 25,000 after total of $8,000 in spend in 6 months
- $75 AF not waived first year
- Can’t have had a Personal Alaska card in the prior 24 months
- Better targeted offer
- “Famous” Companion Fares
- Whether Alaska miles are what they once were, especially with travel to Asia still not open
If you enjoyed this free show considering subscribing to the Milenomics Podcast Network where you’ll gain access to lengthier and more in depth shows. You’ll then also be able to join a lively Slack community where points & miles ideas are discussed real-time.
Thanks for listening and thank you to our existing Patrons. We’ve recently hit a record number of subscribers, which is amazing for a travel podcast during a global pandemic. More great content to come as we return to traveling.