Four great credit card welcome bonuses to consider from Bank of America. Let’s discuss them, how we’d prioritize them, and also navigating the complicated and ever-changing approval standards over at Bank of America.
0:54 BofA Amtrak 50,000 + $100 Statement Credit (DoC)
- Do a dummy booking to see offer
- $79 AF not waived
- $2,500 min spend in 90 days
- Amtrak points are worth 2.9 cpp towards non-Acela, 2.56 cpp towards Acela
- So this welcome bonus is worth $1,450 + $100 – $79 = $1,471 for non-Acela
- Or $1,250 + $100 – $79 = $1,271 towards Acela
- That’s crazy value for people who want to ride Amtrak
- See also: How to redeem bank points for up to 1.64 cpp towards Amtrak
03:55 BofA Alaska Business 60,000 (HT Commenter Matt on DoC)
- Direct Link
- $3,000 min spend
- $75 AF not waived
- 65,000 for the Personal Alaska card still available
- Not subject to BofA personal churning restrictions
- Don’t forget BofA Business Cash Rewards $750 (Direct Link)
06:19 Getting Approved
- BofA 2/3/4: 2 BofA cards per rolling 2 months, 3 per rolling 12, 4 per rolling 24
- BofA is said to not approve new BofA card if you have more than 2 new credit cards on your credit report (across all banks) in the past 12 months -or- 6 in the past 12 if you’ve got a checking account with BofA
- HT DoC
- Overall exposure with BofA to consider too (lower CL before closing BofA cards)
- Limits to the number of active credit cards BofA will let you hold?
08:47 Discuss: Is it a mistake to ignore BofA at this point?
Robert: “Thanks for joining us for this week. For a more in-depth discussion about points miles visit us at patreon.com/milenomics There you’ll get a special link to listen to additional content, right in your mobile podcast app or on your computer, where we speak more freely about topics like these.