We discuss the addition of Wyndham/Vacasa as a Citi ThankYou Point transfer partner, ZIPAIR from LAX to Tokyo, Frontier leaving Newark, and a $500 brokerage bonus from “Tastyworks.” Let’s get right into it.
Citi TYP Shakeup: AA Out (for now?) Wyndham In
- Wyndham 1:1 from Premier/Prestige, 5:4 from lower level cards
- Wyndham opens up Vacasa rentals–and really is a wonderful option for family travel
- Earlier this year I attempted to open a Wyndham Business card but was unsuccessful
- Now, 3x on Fluz or 2x on WU purchases are really nice vehicles for Vacasa rentals
- Because of Cash out options, TYP transferred over should ideally have a 1cpp or higher value (1.25 for a DC or lower card) to even just break even
- Vacasa prices by the bedrooms (15k per)–which gives outsize value opportunities (2-3cpp)
ZIPAIR Announced LAX-Tokyo Route (link)
- Very affordable, especially for kids
- What’s this mean for flights to Japan for tourism?
- It’s amazing how investment continues to pour into the travel space despite trying times
- Discuss where this sort of thing fits in compared to using miles
- 3x weekly service
- 6 and below fly for 13,000 YEN each way ($115)
Frontier Leaving EWR, 16 slots up for grabs (Link: WA)
- Is this a loss for EWR?
- What would it take for us to fly Frontier? (nonstop, good times)
- JetBlue, Spirit United seen as winners?
- Fun Fact: Slots were to remain unused, saving 1.2 minutes per day of delays
- The added competition is seen to allow fares to drop $15-$36.
“Tastyworks” $500 Brokerage Bonus
- Direct link
- $500 bonus for funding w/$10,000 and holding for 3 months
- Doesn’t seem that trading is a requirement?
- Make sure GIVE_ME_FIVE_2021 is applied as the referral code
- Bonus posted for us 24 hours after funding (is that a world record?)
We pushed a couple news items for the paid show this week. Join us at patreon.com/milenomics for further discussion on these and more, plus access to a thriving Slack community.