Today we’re answering questions posed by ‘future’ listeners of this very podcast. These are questions from those of you new to points & miles, and maybe you haven’t yet found this site. Along with these 4 questions we tackle the news and of course an entertaining look at the world of points & miles.
0:30 [Targeted] Amex Business Platinum 50,000 Upgrade Offer (link DoC)
- Need to have existing Green or Gold Business Amex MR charge card
- Log in to Amex account then Direct link
- $10,000 spend requirement in 5 months
- “Offer is available for first-time upgrades to the new Business Platinum Card® only and for one Card account only.Offer is available for first-time upgrades to the new Business Platinum Card® only and for one Card account only.”
03:55 “Public” 150,000 Upgrade Offer *from* No-Fee/Ascend *to* Aspire (link)
- Direct link
- Have to currently have an No-Fee -or- Ascend card
- How to play it?
05:15 [Targeted] Amex MR Transfer Bonuses 40-50% for British Airways, JetBlue or Marriott
- Check your accounts
- British Airways in particular is a spectacular offer
07:12 Airline Portal Shopping Bonuses (link FrequentMiler)
- 1,000 for $300 UA through 6/23
- 500 for $200 AA through 6/16
07:37 Safeway stores: $15 off of $100×2 MCGC
- $15 off of $100×2
- Runs through June 18th.
7:50 Stop & Shop Buy $100 in 3rd Party GCs get $15 off Next Grocery Order (link)
- Ad says “these pictured and more” (Best Buy/Lowe’s/Happy Lady)
- Milenomics intern did an experiment: Purchased a $100 Amazon GC. What do you think: Did it trigger the $15 voucher?
08:40 Free Topic: We Tackle Travel Miles 101 Facebook Group Questions (link)
Q: Ok – so my son, now 12 – has been wanting to go on a cruise; I have never really felt a desire to go on one nor has my husband…but, he’ll be grown soon and we are willing to try one out to see what we are missing or NOT!? Would prefer to use points (via Chase UR) if possible since travel hacking is my passion these days. What do you think: Are URs a good way to pay for a cruise?
Q: 20th anniversary in Italy April 2020. Thinking Rome for a couple nights (I’ve been there, hubby hasn’t) and then head to the Amalfi Coast for 4-5 nights. Good choice? Any recommendations on where to go, how to get there, where to stay and what to do/see on the coast? Our dates are flexible but thinking the end April.
Q: Anyone have experience flying TAP using United or UR points? I’d like to fly from Boston to either Lisbon or Porto next spring. Also considering flying with AA/BA from Bangor. Any tips?
Q: I just booked a trip to XYZ using points so it was “free!”. Any tips on how to save on meals and activities?”
Like what you heard in the No Annual Fee version?
Subscribe to the paid version of the podcast here:
On this week’s subscriber podcast:
Premium Cabin Award Travel to Europe Tips & Trends
Subscribe to the No Annual Fee Edition
Subscribe below to the Free, No Annual Fee Milenomics² podcast on Apple Podcasts:
Or on Google Play Music:
And NOW also on Spotify: